MCH and its community partners are fully committed to assisting seniors and adults with disabilities in maintaining their dignity and independence in the least restrictive housing setting – whether that be in one of our affordable service enriched housing communities or in the place they call home in Knox County.
The Place I call Home” – Midcoast Home Network
In 2015, MCH began working on an aging in place initiative in Knox County that will outreach to seniors and adults with disabilities to assist them in maintaining their independence in the place they call home. Based on the successful national Village to Village model, seniors will pay an affordable annual membership fee to access a menu of guaranteed core services and a vetted list of services and service providers committed to Aging in Place. Membership fees will be charged on a sliding scale allowing access to individuals of all incomes.
The program will build on a foundation of strong nonprofit/business partnerships, a network of dedicated volunteers and the generosity of community donations to help seniors and adults with disabilities in Knox County age safely, with support from the community.
Service Enriched Housing Communities
A range of supportive services designed to keep seniors independent, active and healthy is offered to all residents living in our affordable service enriched housing communities. The key to our service enriched housing is our resident service coordinators who are available to link all residents to available on-site and community services of their choice and to assist them in maintaining successful tenancies.
Subsidies for services may also be available to those residents who qualify for assistance through our Federal Congregate Housing Services Program (CHSP) at Methodist Conference Home or Rankin Center; or through the State of Maine Independent Housing & Services Program (IHSP) at Knox Hotel apartments. Our on-site Resident Service Coordinators are available to link residents to:
- Lifeline-call buttons for 24-hour emergency response
- Scheduled transportation for medical appointments and other transportation needs
- Foot care and preventive health services through Rockland District Nursing Association
- Personal care for those who qualify
- Activities and wellness programming offered by our Enrichment & Wellness Coordinator.
The Enhanced Independent Living Program at Methodist Conference Home
A more comprehensive plan of assistance and amenities to assist residents in maintaining their independence in the least restrictive housing setting is available to already qualified housing applicants/residents who chose to reside on the second floor at the Methodist Conference Home and participate in the program. Supported by MCH’s Federal Congregate Housing Service Program funds, residents pay an all inclusive service fee for a package of services based on a functional assessment and their annual adjusted income. Second floor amenities and available services include:
- On going Case Management
- Three daily meals in downstairs dining room
- Housekeeping up to 4 hours weekly
- Laundry services
- Scheduled medical and other transportation needs
- The availability of regularly scheduled foot care and health assessments, and weekly medication pre-pours through Rockland District Nursing Association
- Lifeline Fall Alert call buttons for 24-hour emergency response
- Limited bathing/grooming assistance through Kno-Wal-In Help at Home Program
- Daily check in and scheduled activities designed to keep residents physically and mentally engaged.
- Roll in showers, air conditioning in apartments and common areas; pull cords, coinless washer and dryers and more
- Linkage to other community services and programs to ensure safe and successful tenancies and optimal independence
Prospective residents for the Enhanced Independent Living Program must submit a Physician’s Medical Report to the Professional Assessment Committee as required by the federal program requirements for the Congregate Housing Services Program.
For more information, contact Susan Di Rosario at 207-596-6477 or email@example.com