Home to ME
A new community initiative to help seniors and adults with disabilities, Home to ME, helps people maintain their independence in the place they call home.
Participants pay an annual membership fee to access a menu of guaranteed core services and a vetted list of service providers. Membership fees will be charged on a sliding scale allowing access to individuals of all incomes.
Based on the successful national Village to Village model, Home to ME builds on a county wide collaboration, strong nonprofit/business partnerships and a network of dedicated volunteers to help seniors and adults with disabilities in Knox County remain safely in their homes with support from the community.
Service Enriched Housing Communities
A menu of supportive services is offered to all residents living in MCH’s service enriched housing communities. Resident Services Coordinators link all residents to the available on-site and community services of their choice. Subsidies are available for qualifying residents. Services available include:
- Housekeeping & laundry
- Lifeline-call buttons for 24-hour emergency response
- Scheduled transportation for medical appointments and other transportation needs
- Foot care and preventive health services through access to Rockland District Nursing Association
- Limited personal care through Kno-Wal-In Help at Home Program
- Activities and wellness programming
The Enhanced Living Program at Methodist Conference Home
A comprehensive plan of assistance and amenities is available to residents on the second floor of the Methodist Conference Home. Residents pay an all-inclusive service fee for a package of services based on an assessment and their annual adjusted income. Second floor amenities and available services include:
- Three daily meals in dining room
- Housekeeping & Laundry
- Weekly grocery bus and/or grocery service
- Scheduled medical and other transportation needs
- Health assessments, footcare and weekly medication pre-pours through access to Rockland District Nursing Association
- Lifeline Fall Alert call buttons for 24-hour emergency response
- Limited bathing/grooming assistance through Kno-Wal-In Help at Home Program
- Daily check in and scheduled activities designed to keep residents physically and mentally engaged
- Roll in showers, pull cords and air conditioning
Prospective residents for the Enhanced Living Program must submit a Physician’s Medical Report to the Professional Assessment Committee to help in determining eligibility.
For more information about support services, contact Sue diRosario at 207-596-6477 or [email protected]